Are you looking to fix your Dyson Airwrap but have no idea how? Don’t worry; I am here to help! Here are some of the most common reasons why your Dyson Airwrap might be stopped working or not turning on at all and how to fix it in no time!
The Dyson Airwrap was one of the most anticipated hair dryers of 2017, and it hasn’t disappointed. While most of the reviews were overwhelmingly positive, there have been some complaints about its performance-specifically, that it doesn’t turn on at all or turns on but only runs at half power and blows cold air.
If you’re experiencing either of these issues, here’s how to fix your Dyson Airwrap so you can get back to using your hair dryer without any problems!
Why is my Dyson Airwrap won’t turn on?
There are a few reasons your Dyson Airwrap may not turn on. It could be because the filter is clogged, the electronic board is faulty, the thermal fuse is blown, the motor is defective, or the switch is faulty.
So the reasons are:
- Faulty power outlet.
- Damaged power cord.
- Clogged or dirty filter.
- Damaged mainboard or other components like a thermal fuse, motor, or switch.
Fixing Dyson Airwrap not turning on the issue!
To troubleshoot if your Dyson Airwrap has stopped working, first check the filter and clean it if necessary. Then check the electronic board. If the board is burned out or the thermal fuse is blown, you will need to replace it. Finally, check the motor and switch for any damage, and if required, replace them.
🎁 Confused? Don’t worry! I will explain those steps in detail so that you can implement them without trouble. But before that, take a look at the bellow table for a better understanding.
|Faulty power outlet||Change the outlet|
|Damaged power cord||Replace it|
|Clogged Filter||Clean the Filter|
|Overheated Circuit||Let the device cool|
|Malfunctioning motherboard||Contact with Dyson|
1. Check the power outlet
If your Dyson Airwrap stopped working or not turning on at all, the first thing you should do is check the power outlet. Your device will not turn on if it doesn’t get power from the outlet. So, first, confirm that your power outlet is working correctly.
To check whether your power outlet is working, plug your mobile charger into it. If your mobile is charging correctly, the power outlet is working; if not, you need to replace your power outlet.
2. Check the Airwrap cord
If you have checked your power outlet and it is working well, the problem might be with the power cable or cord. Generally, a power cord can be loosened or damaged over time, creating issues like not turning on. Make sure your cord is connected at both ends firmly and not damaged.
To check that, try flipping over your appliance and checking for loose connections in the back. If you see any visual damage to the cord, replace it with a new one.
3. Make sure your Airwrap filter is clean
There is a chance that your Dyson Airwrap isn’t turning on because of a dirty or dusty filter. Generally, a filtration system protects the motor from getting clogged up and prevents dust from entering other parts of the machine.
But since dust is so fine, it can still get past those filters. So make sure your filter is clean and dust free. You can quickly check if it needs cleaning by looking at or smelling it. On the other hand, your Dyson Airwrap may start to blink when it needs filter cleaning.
- First, unplug your Airwrap from the power outlet. (It is just for safety purposes so that you don’t get shocked during the cleaning process)
- Take the filter cleaning brush and then thread it through the cable. After threading the brush through the cable, pull the brush over the hair styler. Now rotate the bristles in a circular motion around the air filter.
- Pull the bottom air filter from the hair styler slowly, but do not remove it from the cable.
- Spin the filter cleaner brush around the uncovered air filter in a circular motion and blow away any accumulated dust.
- Finally, place the air filter piece back on.
Do not use any chemicals or liquids to wipe away the dust.
5. Maybe some circuit has fried inside the device.
If none of the above troubleshooting methods work for you, your device’s circuits may be fried, or one of its components has stopped functioning correctly. This could result from poor preservation, water damage, or other issues.
In this case, you should send it to your nearest repair shop to fix the issue.
4. Your device may be overheated
If you have been using your machine for quite some time, you must have noticed that it gets really hot. You must understand that it’s normal for an air heating appliance like Dyson Airwrap to get hot and generate heat. But when it gets too hot, its thermostat or motor could be an issue, and it can stop working altogether.
In such cases, try resetting your device by following these steps:
- First of all, unplug your machine from the power source.
- Now, wait for at least 15 minutes so that it cools down.
- After 15 minutes, plug in your device and check if it works properly.
If it still doesn’t work after resetting, you should contact customer care of Dyson, as they will help you over the phone with what you need to do.
What to do if nothing works?
Still reading this article? Oh, very bad.😓 I tried to help you. But don’t lose hope. There is still something that you can do. Contact Dyson customers care and tell them about your problem. They will inspect your device and help you to fix the problem.
Another good news is that If you purchased your Dyson Airwrap within the last two years, you could file a warranty claim. But keep in mind that the warranty covers only the following issues:
- Manufacturer’s defects
- “Break downs”
- Cracked or broken pieces
The warranty will not cover day-to-day damage, irresponsible maintenance, and modifications. Dyson will send you a new product for free if they cannot fix the defective component in your appliance.
Dyson Airwrap is not working after cleaning the filter.
If your Dyson Airwrap is no longer working after you’ve cleaned the filter, there may be a few different reasons.
- First, ensure the filter is completely dry before putting it back in the machine. If it’s still wet, the Airwrap may not work.
- Next, check to ensure the filter is correctly seated in the machine. If it’s not, that could be why your Airwrap isn’t working.
- If the filter is seated correctly, check to see if any debris or dirt is blocking the airflow path. If there is, use a can of compressed air to blow it out.
Also, check to see if the machine is plugged in correctly and that there are no loose wires. Third, try resetting the device by unplugging it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
1. Why does my Dyson Airwrap keep flashing?
There are a few reasons your Dyson Airwrap may be flashing. The most common reason is that the Airwrap is not getting enough airflow. This can be caused by a clogged filter or a blockage in the Airwrap’s filter cage.
But If your Airwrap is still flashing after you have checked for clogs and cleaned the filter cage, it may be time to replace the filter.
2. My Dyson Airwrap stopped working and flashing red light. Why?
The most likely cause of your Airwrap stopping and the red light flashing is that it has overheated. To fix this, unplug the Airwrap and leave it to cool down for at least an hour. Once it has cooled down, try using it again.
If it still doesn’t work, then it may be experiencing insufficient airflow. Just clean the filter and your problem should be solved.