If your Roomba i7 isn’t working the way it should, you may need to reset it. This can help if it is having trouble connecting to your home’s Wi-Fi, throwing error messages, or behaving erratically.
Roomba i7 is incredibly easy to reset and can often help clear up any minor issues that your Roomba may have. This article will explain the best and easy ways to reset your Roomba i7. Keep reading…
How to reset Roomba i7
In short: To factory reset your Roomba I7, press and hold the CLEAN, SPOT CLEAN, and HOME buttons for about 20 seconds until the White Ring Light spins around the CLEAN button.
You can reset your vacuum in two different ways. One is by pressing the physical button, and the other is via Home App. Resetting through the physical button is easier and more efficient than the second method. However, here is the step-by-step guideline to do this.
Method 1: Resetting Roomba i7 manually
As I mentioned, you can reset your Roomba in two ways. One is by pressing the physical button, and the other is from the iRobot Home App.
Let’s say you want to manually reset your vacuum by pressing the button, then follow the steps below.
- For 20 seconds, press and hold the CLEAN, SPOT CLEAN, and HOME buttons.
- Hold them until the White Ring Light spins around the CLEAN button.
- Let the button go and wait some time. The Roomba is now resetting itself, which might take up to 1.5 minutes.
- Press the CLEAN on/off button once again to resume use.
If your Roomba i7 won’t power on, it means that the Roomba is stuck in a loop trying to save a smart map that did not exist. A restart will fix this issue. If restarting doesn’t fix the problem, try replacing the battery.
💡Also read: How To clean Roomba i7 correctly?
Method 2. Factory Resetting using Home-App
The iRobot Roomba i7 model has excellent features like resetting the iRobot via the Home App. It is a great feature if you want to reset your Roomba to its factory settings by just giving a single command from your mobile phone.
Here’s how to do this via Home App:
- Open the Home App.
- Go to the “Settings” section.
- Select “Factory Reset” from the drop-down menu and press OK
- After then, Roomba will reboot and reset itself.
Remember: After a factory reset, your will need to reconfigure and remap your house as if it were a brand-new robot.
Q. When should I need to reset my Roomba?
You may need to reset your Roomba if you recently bought it from a previous owner and need it to memorize the layout of your home. Or you recently moved into a new home and want to reset the maps in the more recent model.
In some cases, the Roomba may experience a Wi-Fi connection issue or exhibit unusual behavior, and to fix this, you have to reset your Roomba.
Q. What if my Roomba i7 still isn’t working after a reset?
If your Roomba i7 is still not running correctly after the reset, there are a few other things to consider.
- Check the battery and ensure it is properly installed and connected.
- Then ensure that your Roomba is charging correctly in the dock. If it is not charged correctly, you will face different problems.
- And also, ensure that the base unit and power cable are plugged in and functional.
- Check for dirt or debris build-up on the side brushes or wheels. If needed, clean your Roomba i7.
- Place your device on the home base and allow it to fully charge if it has been unused and off for a long time.
If everything fails, take your Roomba to an authorized technician to be serviced. You may need to replace the battery in your vacuum cleaner or another internal component that isn’t working correctly.
Abdul Kader is the CEO and founder of Homespoiler.com. With his expertise in electronics repair, he provides in-depth information on how to fix appliances, wiring, and other electrical-related issues. More about us
2 thoughts on “How to Reset Roomba i7 (Manually or via Home App)”
Why is white light circling intermittently?
It’s because the reset process was completed successfully
Comments are closed.