Westinghouse TVs have a reputation for reliability, but like all televisions, they can have issues from time to time. One of the most common issues is having no signal on your screen when you press the power button. You might see that your TV turns on normally and the remote functions typically, but there’s no picture on the screen or sound from the speakers.
This problem can have several causes and solutions, so this article will help you figure out why your Westinghouse TV has no signal, how to solve the problem, and where to get help if none of this works.
Why does it happen?
There are plenty of possible reasons why you could get a no-signal message. If your Westinghouse TV displays a “No Signal” message on the screen, it could be due to the wrong input source or that your cable or satellite box needs to be reset.
I’ll go over all possible solutions in further depth below, including what you need to do to fix your TV. Basic troubleshooting for each issue is also provided here, which may save you time.
💡Also Read: Westinghouse TV stuck on Logo screen (Fixed)
Steps to Fix Westinghouse TV No Signal issue.
To fix the no Signal issue on your Westinghouse TV, first, check the TV’s input source to see if it is on the wrong connection. Unplug the cable that is going from the TV to your SAT Box. If nothing works, then reset your cable/sat box.
Relax! Now I will describe those reasons in detail so you can do it quickly and fix your TV’s Signal issue.
1. Issue with HDMI
One of the most common reasons your Westinghouse TV may not have a signal is an issue with the HDMI input. It could be that the HDMI ports are stopped working, or the HDMI ports no longer work.
So the first thing you should do is check and reset the HDMI input to restore communication between your TV and other connected devices. To check and reset the HDMI connection,
- First, power off all connected HDMI devices.
- Next, power off the TV and disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Press and hold the TV power button for about 30 seconds.
- Now disconnect and then reconnect all the HDMI devices and cables.
- Finally, plug the TV back into the outlet and turn on the TV. Now check the results.
I hope this devious method will work 99.9% of the time. If this method does not work, you may need to perform a factory reset on your TV. But before that, try the following method first.
2. Check Input Source
If you have multiple TVs in your house, but only one is displaying the “NO SIGNAL” message, follow the steps below to fix it.
- Check that your TV is connected to the same source or port as your cable or satellite box.
- Turn on your TV by pressing the TV button on the remote control.
- On your TV remote, press the INPUT button.
- Cycle through all the inputs on your TV.
- Keep on until you reach the input that your cable or SAT box is connected to.
- Now, Your television will show cable or satellite configuration options.
From here, you can choose your desired show and hope your “No Signal” problem will be fixed. If your TV screen still says “NO SIGNAL,” proceed to the next step.
3. Reset your Cable or SAT box
If you’ve connected your TV to the correct input source and still don’t have a signal, your cable or satellite box may need to be reset. To do so, follow the below steps,
- Remove the power cable from the cable TV or SAT set-top box and unplug it.
- For 2 to 3 minutes, leave it unplugged.
- Reconnect the power cable to your cable or satellite box.
- Give the cable or satellite box time to power up, receive the signal, and initialize.
If “NO SIGNAL” remains on your TV screen, move to the next step.
4. Unplug all cables
If you have reset the cable or satellite box and still receive NO SIGNAL,
- Unplug the cable that connects the TV to your cable or satellite box.
- Remove the HDMI cable and any other cables from your cable TV or SAT box.
- For 2 to 3 minutes, leave the cord unplugged.
- Replug the HDMI cable and any other cables.
Allow time for the cable or satellite box to receive and initialize the signal. Ensure that all cables connecting your cable or SAT box to your TV are secure, tight, and undamaged.
💡Related: Westinghouse TV won’t Turn on (Fixed)
1. Nothing worked! What to do?
If your Westinghouse TV is still not displaying a signal after you’ve tried the obvious troubleshooting steps, then it’s time to call your cable company. Tell them you’re having an issue with your Westinghouse TV and see if they can help you troubleshoot the problem.
There may be an issue with your cable box that they can help you fix. If not, you may need to contact Westinghouse customers care or send it to a technician.
2. Will resetting fix no signal issue?
This problem isn’t caused by any internal software-related error. So I don’t think resetting will solve the problem. Still, if you want to try once, then definitely!
Keep in mind that, a factory reset will restore your TV to its default settings and you will lose all your settings and downloaded content. So, be sure to take a backup if needed.
Let me know if this helps you. Also, share your tips, and give your suggestions and feedback in the comment box. If you have any other problems, share them with me in the comment box. Stay healthy and be happy. See you in another article.