Cleaning your Levoit air purifier can seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be that way!
In fact, it’s an easy and quick process when you follow the right steps and precautions.
This guide will help you get your Levoit air purifier looking like new again by cleaning out the dust and dirt buildup inside the unit and then detailing the exterior so that it looks as good as new too!
How to clean Levoit Air Purifier?
Before writing this cleaning guide, I took a look at user guides for Levoit air purifiers to come up with this cleaning overview.
Here are the basic step-by-step guidelines to follow to clean your air purifier:
Step1: Disconnect it from the power source
Unplug the device from the wall outlet or charging station and turn off the Purifier completely.
This will help speed up the process and make your job safer, lowering the risk of electric shock.
Step 2: Pull out the filter from the Purifier
After that, flip the purifier upside down, turn the cover plate counterclockwise, and pull out the filter.
Tips: put your Air purifier on the carpet rather than on the open floor. This will prevent scratching up the top of the device.
Step 3: Clean the Levoit air purifier filter
You will likely see a lot of accumulated dust when you pull the filter out. Inspect closely and check if the filter is damaged. If it’s OK, clean it by following the below steps:
- Take a vacuum cleaner and turn it on.
- Then vacuum the filter carefully.
- Blow away as much dirt as you can.
Once done, reinstall it in its place and lock the bottom securely.
You might face a red light issue after cleaning the filter. Sometimes, it might become a headache for you. However, If you encounter such an issue, check out my previous article on how to troubleshoot this red light issue in just 2 minutes.
Warning: Do not attempt to clean the filter with water or any other liquid. Only use a vacuum or other dirt blower machine to eliminate dust particles instead.
Step 4: Wipe off the air purifier
Once you are done cleaning the filter, take a soft, dry cloth and wipe all dust from surfaces of the air purifier, including the control panel, filter grille, and exterior housing.
Again, never ever use water, harsh chemicals, or abrasive cleaners on any part of the air purifier.
Levoit Air Purifier Maintenance Dos and Don’ts
Cleaning regularly isn’t the end of maintenance. There are still some things you have to do to prolong the life of your purifier.
To get the most out of your Levoit air purifier, follow these maintenance dos and don’ts to keep your unit running smoothly.
- Do read the user manual: Familiarize yourself with the manufacturer’s instructions and recommendations for cleaning and maintenance.
- Do clean the exterior regularly: Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe down the exterior surface of the air purifier to remove dust and dirt.
- Do replace filters as recommended: Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines on filter replacement intervals to maintain efficient air purification.
- Do keep the area around the air purifier clean: Regularly clean the surrounding area to minimize the accumulation of dust and allergens.
- Don’t use harsh chemicals: Avoid using strong cleaning agents or solvents on the air purifier as they may damage the unit or leave residues.
- Don’t immerse the unit in water: Never submerge the air purifier in water or expose it to excessive moisture, as it can cause electrical damage.
- Don’t neglect filter replacement: Overused or clogged filters can hinder air purifier performance and decrease air quality.
- Don’t block the air intake or outlet: Ensure that the air purifier’s intake and outlet vents are not obstructed by objects or furniture, as it may impede airflow.
- Don’t expose the air purifier to extreme temperatures: Avoid placing the unit in direct sunlight or in areas with extreme heat or cold, as it can affect its functionality.
Q. How often should I clean my Levoit Air Purifier?
This really depends on the model you have and how often it is used. However, to ensure peak performance, you should clean the purifier and its filter every two to four weeks.
Q. Can I clean my Levoit air purifier with a wet cloth?
No, you should never use a wet cloth to clean your air purifier as water can damage the unit. Instead, use a dry or slightly damp cloth to wipe down the exterior and a vacuum attachment to clean the interior and filter.
Q: What happens if I don’t clean my Levoit air purifier?
If you don’t clean your air purifier, the filter can become clogged with dirt and debris, which can reduce its effectiveness in capturing pollutants and allergens.
Additionally, a dirty air purifier can emit unpleasant odors and potentially harmful bacteria into your home.
Q: Can I use my Levoit air purifier without a filter?
No, you should never operate your air purifier without a filter. The filter is essential for capturing pollutants and improving air quality.
Abdul Kader, a handy guy and experienced founder of a TV repair shop in Gulshan, Dhaka, Bangladesh. He is mainly an expert in understanding and repairing different types of issues with Smart TVs and providing helpful insights on how to keep them in good working order. Read his Full Story.